Thursday 27 November 2014

Blog 12 - A Personal Reflection

It’s hard to believe the fall semester is coming to an end, English 1080 taught me so much and I thoroughly enjoyed this course! The structure of this class gave me a great deal of freedom to express my thoughts and I am genuinely appreciative for all the things that I have learned.

I really enjoyed the essay writing workshops as I learned many new techniques and writing skills. I have gained a lot of insight in how to write effective essays with a strong thesis statement. Also, creating outlines for essays was very helpful so that I could organize my ideas and be able to write in an effective manner. The online blog posts was an excellent component of the course! Getting to write about a different topic each week, I was able to express my thoughts and opinions creatively. Therefore it has made me grow and build my confidence as well as taught me where my weaknesses and strengths are.

Overall, I feel I accomplished a lot in this course and I’m a lot more confident in my reading and writing skills. I would like to thank professor Parsons for providing a great classroom environment, and teaching us so much during this semester. I really enjoyed learning in your class and will be a class that I will remember. As a person who finds it challenging when writing essays, I was able to learn from my mistakes.  I will miss the weekly blogs and would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to read my blog. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment