Friday 19 September 2014

Blog 3 - Image Expressive



Photo 1: Mermaid Sand Sculpture!




 This is one of my favorite photos I took during summer vacation on the Venice Beach Boardwalk in California. Stretching two and a half miles you can see everything from food, shops, street performances, art and music! The focal point in this picture is a sand sculpture of a mermaid that has been built out of sand and water. This type of sand art is a practice of modeling sand into an artistic form. You might be wondering how long does it take to create such a sculpture? Well it actually takes approximately seven hours, as it is a delicate type of art where if the sand grains are not reasonable fine they will not stick together.

I never saw anything like this before and looking back on it brings back a lot of cheerful memories where Venice beach is such a vibrant and lively place. I think that it is amazing people are able to turn sand into a beautiful piece of art.

Check out this video clip on sand sculptures!






Photo 2: The Big Ben Tower



This is a picture I shot during my high school band trip to London. I was very amazed by the spectacular view from the perspective of being on the London Eye, at height of a hundred and thirty five meters. While turning slowly I was able to view many famous landmarks such as The Big Ben being captured in this photo. You can’t help being moved when you hear Big Ben ringing outside, what a sound to hear and sight to see.  Who would of known that a tower could be so impressive? Well I couldn’t believe how fascinating the structure was built and the view at night when the four clock faces are illuminated.

I love this photo, as when I look back upon it I remember all the incredible memories I had with the school band, hopping off and on the double decker buses and I can’t forget the big bright red telephone booths on the side of the streets. This photo definitely captures one of the many memories but stands out the most. It was a wonderful opportunity and lifetime experience that I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment