Friday 24 October 2014

Blog 7 – Its that time again!

Dear Halloween,

I am so looking forward to your arrival next week. I must say I am a little bit wary of your scary side but love your fun side. Even though my trick or treating days are over, I have fond memories of doing so in my childhood. I did make one cute Snow White, even if I do say so myself. These days, I anxiously await the knock on the door and am delighted to open it to see all the excited witches, ghosts and goblins. Oh, to be that age again. This year I am expecting to be visited by many Sophia’s, Elsa’s and Anna’s. I really hope that Olaf the snowman comes knocking. I just love warm hugs!

One of my favorite things about you is looking at all the decorations and trying to decide which one I will add to my collection this year. I also like to drive around the neighbourhood looking at all the decorated houses and yards. As I do, I cannot help but think to myself that your popularity is growing in leaps and bounds. You will soon be as popular as Christmas. Personally, I much prefer you to Christmas.

I will say goodbye now as I have to finish preparing for your visit. I have to choose a costume, fill the treat bags and finish hanging the decorations.

Your ghostly friend,

Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment